Welcome to ZIO
ZIO is a zero-dependency Scala library for asynchronous and concurrent programming.
Powered by highly-scalable, non-blocking fibers that never waste or leak resources, ZIO lets you build scalable, resilient, and reactive applications that meet the needs of your business.
- High-performance. Build scalable applications with 100x the performance of Scala's
- Type-safe. Use the full power of the Scala compiler to catch bugs at compile time.
- Concurrent. Easily build concurrent apps without deadlocks, race conditions, or complexity.
- Asynchronous. Write sequential code that looks the same whether it's asynchronous or synchronous.
- Resource-safe. Build apps that never leak resources (including threads!), even when they fail.
- Testable. Inject test services into your app for fast, deterministic, and type-safe testing.
- Resilient. Build apps that never lose errors, and which respond to failure locally and flexibly.
- Functional. Rapidly compose solutions to complex problems from simple building blocks.
To learn more about ZIO, see the following references:
Following is a partial list of companies happily using ZIO in production to craft concurrent applications.
Want to see your company here? Submit a PR!
- DHL Parcel The Netherlands
- Evolution Gaming
- LiveIntent Inc.
- Performance Immo
- Risk Ident
- Call Handling
Ziverge is a leading contributor to ZIO.
Scalac sponsors ZIO Hackathons and contributes work to multiple projects in ZIO ecosystem.
Septimal Mind sponsors work on ZIO Tracing and continuous maintenance.
SoftwareMill generously provides ZIO with paid-for CircleCI build infrastructure.
Code of Conduct
See the Code of Conduct
Copyright 2017 - 2020 John A. De Goes and the ZIO Contributors. All rights reserved.