Embeddable persistent and in-memory key-value storage engine aimed for high performance & resource efficiency.
Data is managed by creating simple data structures like
Conditional updates/data modifications can be performed by simply submitting any Java, Scala, Kotlin or any native JVM code - No query language.
Scalable on a single machine - Data can be stored on multiple local HDD/SSD and, single or multiple Threads can be allocated for reads, caching & compaction.
SwayDB's core is non-blocking but the APIs can be configured to be blocking, non-blocking and/or reactive.
Configurations can be tuned to suit different workloads. Some use-cases are:
- General key-value storage
- Message queues
- Time-series or Events data
- Application logs
- Archiving data or cold storage with high file level compression
- Simple data types -
- Java, Scala & Kotlin.
- Single or multiple disks persistent, in-memory or periodically persistent.
- Atomic updates and inserts with transactions.
- Custom updates using any JVM function.
- TTL - auto expiring key-values.
- Range update, remove & expire.
- Non-blocking with customisable non-blocking or blocking APIs.
- Key only iterations (Lazily fetched values).
- Configurable compression with LZ4 & Snappy
- Configurable core internals.
- Duplicate values can be eliminated with compressDuplicateValues.
- A small type-safe Actor implementation.
- IO type for type-safe error handling.
Your feedback and review is very important to get to production. Please get involved via chat, issues or email which is on my profile.
See tasks labelled Production release that are required before becoming production ready.
Related GitHub projects
- SwayDB.java.examples - Java examples demonstrating features and APIs.
- SwayDB.kotlin.examples - Kotlin examples demonstrating features and APIs.
- SwayDB.scala.examples - Scala examples demonstrating features and APIs.
- SwayDB.benchmark - Performance benchmarks.
- SwayDB.website - Website code.
Contributions are welcomed following the Scala code of conduct.
We would like to see others find SwayDB useful in their own projects, companies and other open-source projects for both personal and commercial reasons, the license only asks for your modifications (e.g bug-fixes) to SwayDB's source code to be shared so that it supports the contributors by not duplicating efforts and shares knowledge on this project's subject. You do not have to share your program's code or are bounded by AGPLv3 as long as you share your modifications.
If you have any questions or think that the current license restricts you in any way please get in touch.
Thank you Jetbrains for providing an open-source licence for their awesome development tools.