Is CLI application and sbt-plugin for managing hocon format configuration in business environment.
It help's with:
- creating, managing documentation for configurations
- tracking changes in environments defined in configurations
- understanding application configuration
What exactly it does?
It loads your configuration, analyse it and generate 4 files:
- environment file with all application environments
- yaml meta file with flat structure of configuration, where you can describe configuration, add some more context and possible values
- Markdown file with environment files merged with values from meta file
- Markdown file with documentation for whole configuration merged from meta file - it also includes information like environment files, default values etc.
Because configurations are often very complex and fragile parts of software - many times not managed properly, what can lead to many problems.
hocones is also big help for DevOps and QA Engineers
- describing elements in array
- scraping descriptions from hocon file comments