Hydrosphere Mist is a serverless proxy for Spark cluster. Mist provides a new functional programming framework and deployment model for Spark applications.
Roadmap to 1.0.0
- Spark Function as a Service. Deploy Spark functions rather than notebooks or scripts.
- Spark Cluster and Session management. Fully managed Spark sessions backed by on-demand EMR, Hortonworks, Cloudera, DC/OS and vanilla Spark clusters.
- Typesafe programming framework that clearly defines inputs and outputs of every Spark job.
- REST HTTP & Messaging (MQTT, Kafka) API for Scala & Python Spark jobs.
- Multi-cluster mode: Seamless Spark cluster on-demand provisioning, autoscaling and termination(pending)
It creates a unified API layer for building enterprise solutions and microservices on top of a Spark functions.
High Level Architecture
Please report bugs/problems to: https://github.com/Hydrospheredata/mist/issues.