GitBucket is a Git web platform powered by Scala offering:
- Easy installation
- Intuitive UI
- High extensibility by plugins
- API compatibility with GitHub
The current version of GitBucket provides many features such as:
- Public / Private Git repositories (with http/https and ssh access)
- GitLFS support
- Repository viewer including an online file editor
- Issues, Pull Requests and Wiki for repositories
- Activity timeline and email notifications
- Account and group management with LDAP integration
- a Plug-in system
If you want to try the development version of GitBucket, see the Developer's Guide.
GitBucket requires Java8. You have to install it, if it is not already installed.
- Download the latest gitbucket.war from the releases page and run it by
java -jar gitbucket.war.
- Go to
http://[hostname]:8080/and log in with ID: root / Pass: root.
You can also deploy
gitbucket.war to a servlet container which supports Servlet 3.0 (like Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, etc)
For more information about installation on Mac or Windows Server (with IIS), or configuration of Apache or Nginx and also integration with other tools or services such as Jenkins or Slack, see Wiki.
To upgrade GitBucket, replace
gitbucket.war with the new version, after stopping GitBucket. All GitBucket data is stored in
HOME/.gitbucket by default. So if you want to back up GitBucket's data, copy this directory to the backup location.
GitBucket has a plug-in system that allows extra functionality. Officially the following plug-ins are provided:
You can find more plugins made by the community at GitBucket community plugins.
- If you have any questions about GitBucket, see Wiki and check issues whether there is a same question or request in the past.
- If you can't find same question and report, send it to gitter room before raising an issue.
- The highest priority of GitBucket is the ease of installation and API compatibility with GitHub, so your feature request might be rejected if they go against those principles.
What's New in 4.35.x
4.35.3 - 14 Jan 2021
- Fix a bug that Wiki page cannot be deleted
- Fix a deployment issue on Tomcat
4.35.2 - 30 Dec 2020
- Upgrade gitbucket-notifications-plugin to 1.10.0
- Upgrade oauth2-oidc-sdk to 8.29.1 to solve dependency issue
4.35.1 - 29 Dec 2020
- Fix database migration issue which happens if webhook is configured
- Call push webhook when pull request is merged
- Show commit status at commits tab of pull request
4.35.0 - 25 Dec 2020
- Editor and source viewer color theme
- Auto completion for issues and pull requests
- Upload image from clipboard
- Close multiple issues by commit comment
- Create pull request from online editor
- Milestone overview
- Commit status at various places
- WebAPI coverage improvements
See the change log for all of the updates.