To use sbt-mima-version-check in an existing SBT project with version 1.0 or greater, add the following dependencies to your plugins.sbt depending on your needs:
addSbtPlugin("io.chrisdavenport" % "sbt-mima-version-check" % "<version>")
This sets the versions to check your library for binary compatibility with based on semantic versioning.
So lets take some common cases.
- 0.0.x - Will Not Check These Versions Are Generally not considered anything but exploratory
- 0.1.2 - Will check 0.1.1, and 0.1.0
- 0.2.1 - Will check 0.2.0, minor versions with major version zero are not considered compatible
- 1.0.3 - Will check 1.0.2, 1.0.1, 1.0.0 - All patch versions are considered compatible with each other
- 1.2.2 - Will check 1.2.1, 1.2.0, 1.1.0, 1.0.0 - Minor version across a major version should be backwards compatible with each other
- 2.0.1 - Will check 2.0.0 - Major version do not typically carry binary compatiblity guarantees