Apache Hudi (Incubating)
Apache Hudi (Incubating) (pronounced Hoodie) stands for
Hadoop Upserts Deletes and Incrementals. Hudi manages the storage of large analytical datasets on DFS (Cloud stores, HDFS or any Hadoop FileSystem compatible storage).
- Upsert support with fast, pluggable indexing
- Atomically publish data with rollback support
- Snapshot isolation between writer & queries
- Savepoints for data recovery
- Manages file sizes, layout using statistics
- Async compaction of row & columnar data
- Timeline metadata to track lineage
Hudi supports three types of queries:
- Snapshot Query - Provides snapshot queries on real-time data, using a combination of columnar & row-based storage (e.g Parquet + Avro).
- Incremental Query - Provides a change stream with records inserted or updated after a point in time.
- Read Optimized Query - Provides excellent snapshot query performance via purely columnar storage (e.g. Parquet).
Learn more about Hudi at https://hudi.apache.org
Building Apache Hudi from source
Prerequisites for building Apache Hudi:
- Unix-like system (like Linux, Mac OS X)
- Java 8 (Java 9 or 10 may work)
# Checkout code and build git clone https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi.git && cd incubator-hudi mvn clean package -DskipTests -DskipITs
To build the Javadoc for all Java and Scala classes:
# Javadoc generated under target/site/apidocs mvn clean javadoc:aggregate -Pjavadocs
Build with Scala 2.12
The default Scala version supported is 2.11. To build for Scala 2.12 version, after code checkout run dev/change-scala-version.sh and build using
dev/change-scala-version 2.12 mvn clean package -DskipTests -DskipITs -Pscala-2.12
Please visit https://hudi.apache.org/docs/quick-start-guide.html to quickly explore Hudi's capabilities using spark-shell.