What is it?
Izumi (jp. 泉水, spring) is an ecosystem of independent libraries and frameworks allowing you to significantly increase productivity of your Scala development.
including the following components:
- distage – Transparent and debuggable Dependency Injection framework for pure FP Scala,
- distage-testkit – Hyper-pragmatic pure FP Test framework. Shares heavy resources globally across all test suites; lets you easily swap implementations of component; uses your effect type for parallelism.
- distage-framework-docker – A distage extension for using docker containers in tests or for local application runs, comes with example Postgres, Cassandra, Kafka & DynamoDB containers.
- LogStage – Automatic structural logs from Scala string interpolations,
- BIO - A typeclass hierarchy for tagless final style with Bifunctor and Trifunctor effect types. Focused on ergonomics and ease of use with zero boilerplate.
- izumi-reflect (moved to zio/izumi-reflect) - Portable, lightweight and kind-polymorphic alternative to
scala-reflect's Typetag for Scala, Scala.js, Scala Native and (soon) Dotty
- IdeaLingua (moved to 7mind/idealingua-v1) – API Definition, Data Modeling and RPC language, optimized for fast prototyping – like gRPC or Swagger, but with a human face. Generates RPC servers and clients for Go, TypeScript, C# and Scala,
- Opinionated SBT plugins (moved to 7mind/sbtgen) – Reduces verbosity of SBT builds and introduces new features – inter-project shared test scopes and BOM plugins (from Maven)
- Percept-Plan-Execute-Repeat (PPER) – A pattern that enables modeling very complex domains and orchestrate deadly complex processes a lot easier than you're used to.
- Hyper-pragmatic Pure FP Testing with distage-testkit
- distage: Staged Dependency Injection
- logstage: Zero-cost Structured Logging
- More slides
- Hyper-pragmatic Pure FP Testing with distage-testkit, Functional Scala, London
- Livecoding: DIStage & Bifunctor Tagless Final on Youtube
We aim to provide tools that:
- Boost productivity and reduce code bloat
- Are as non-invasive as possible
- Are introspectable
- Are better than anything else out there :3
Current state and future plans
We are looking for early adopters, contributors and sponsors.
This project is currently a work in progress.
In the future we are going to (or may) implement more tools based on PPER approach:
- Best in the world build system
- Best in the world cluster orchestration tool
- Best in the world load testing/macro-benchmark tool
Are you using Izumi? Please consider opening a pull request to list your organization here:
YourKit supports open source projects with innovative and intelligent tools for monitoring and profiling Java and .NET applications. YourKit is the creator of YourKit Java Profiler, YourKit .NET Profiler and YourKit YouMonitor.
Triplequote Hydra is the world’s only parallel compiler for the Scala language. Hydra works by parallelizing all of the Scala compiler phases, taking full advantage of the many cores available in modern hardware.
./sbtgen.scto generate a JVM-only sbt project, run
./sbtgen.sc --jsto generate a JVM+JS sbt crossproject